Nothing too fancy.. but soups even if they are super easy and cheap.. are ALWAYS so good and comforting.
Yesterday I did a spinach soup since we had a lot of fresh baby spinach in our refrigerator 🙂
Spinach is very good for pregnant women (well it’s good for everyone even while not pregnant or for men too). Spinach provides vitamins C and E.Those vitamins help reduce the risk of eclampsia and contain high levels of folate, calcium, and iron.
* Olive Oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 5 cups vegetable broth
* 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 3 cups diced and peeled potatoes
(3 medium size potatoes)
* 5 cups fresh spinach
* In a large pot, heat (medium-high) oil, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, turmeric and cumin for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are softening.
* Add the potatoes and the vegetable broth. Stir and when the mixture is boiling, reduce heat and and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
* When the potatoes are tender, add the spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
* Remove from heat and with a blender, puree until smooth.