Last night, a young lady asked me to create her a recipe for Valentine’s Day with coconut in it ..
So I baked her some heart cookies!
They have a texture similar to sugar cookies.
I hope she’ll like them!
(You see Lillie.. there is a post just for you!!! :))
16 large cookies
* 2 cups white flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup shredded coconut
* 1/4 cup chopped cranberries
* red food coloring (few drops)
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder.
* In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Add the food coloring until you reach the color you want. (More red or more pink) Mix.
* Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture. Mix.
* Add coconut and cranberries. Mix.
* On floured surface, roll dough and cut with cookie cutter (I used a large heart).
* Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
* Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before putting them on a cooling rack.