-This is a recipe for SLOW COOKERS-
A super easy, fast and cheap dish for a cold November day. I love stews… in fact I’m a fan of all kinds of stews and chili. I love these warm dishes.
* 3 potatoes, diced
(I kept the skin on)
* 1 sweet potato. peeled and diced
* 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
* 4 medium beets, peeled and diced
* 1 large onion, cut in wedges
* 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
* 8 dates, pitted
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 cups diced tomatoes
* 4 cups vegetable broth
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon ground Mexican chilies
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* cold water
* Wash and cut vegetables.
* In your slow cooker, place all the veggies.
* In a food processor blend the dates and the water together.
* In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, vegetable broth, date mixtures, spices, salt and pepper. Pour over the veggies in the slow cooker.
* Close the lid and cook for 6-7 hours on LOW.
* In a bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water the amount you want depending on how thick you love your sauces. Pour into the slow cooker. Mix well and let rest few minutes. It will thicken.
* Serve and Enjoy!