-ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPE-
We love sorbets… a lot! And since my sis was coming over to have lunch I made some because she’s kind of lactose intolerant.. so no dairy here 😀
The taste is like… eating a dark chocolate truffle! I’m in love.. AGAIN! Mmmmmm! Even if the taste is a little strong I was surprise to see that my big girl was a fan.. wow! I guess it was very good, haha!
About 5 cups (1.25L)
* 3 cups water
* 1 2/3 cups sugar
* 1 pinch of salt
* 1 2/3 cups cocoa powder, sifted (I used a weird reddish kind I found at bulk barn, it’s called RUDDY RED chocolate..hehe!)
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used my Mexican vanilla)
* 1 cup fresh raspberries, pureed
* Before even starting the recipe, make sure your ice cream maker bowl is in the freezer, in fact it takes about 16-24 hours to be totally frozen. I put it in my huge vertical freezer and it takes about 16 hours to be rock solid.
* In a saucepan over low heat, combine water and sugar. Stir until the sugar is totally dissolved. Boil for 1-2 minutes. Add gradually the cocoa by whisking constantly. Add the vanilla and the raspberries. Mix. Pour the mixture into a container and put it in the fridge.
* Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and put it on. Calculate about 20-25 minutes to reach the perfect texture. (the mixture has to thickened)
* Since the sorbet will a little softer than usual, if you want a more firm texture, remove the ice cream from the bowl and put it in another freezer safe container. Freeze for few hours. (This is what I did)
* Remove from the freezer, wait few minutes and serve.