-ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPE-
Ok.. this one was not for me at first but for my husband… I tried it and damn!! It was way better than I thought!! It was incredible! The texture is just PERFECT!!!! Did I say PERFECT?! haha! It’s so creamy!!
It’s a little intense on the calorie count, but I don’t mind at all, after all it’s a treat, not a meal and we only have one life to live right? 😉
I bought an ice cream recipe book the other day.. it’s Ben & Jerry’s homemade ice cream and dessert book
So I wasn’t able to resist this awesome recipe.. but let me tell you a secret.. I added chocolate, haha!!
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*1 1/2 cup milk (I used 3.25% milk)
* 2 large eggs
* 1cup sugar
* 1 cup heavy cream (I used 35%)
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 9 chopped peanut butter cups
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped
* Before even starting the recipe, make sure your ice cream maker bowl is in the freezer, in fact it takes about 16-24 hours to be totally frozen. I put it in my huge vertical freezer and it takes about 16 hours to be rock solid.
* In a double-boiler melt the chocolate (1/4 cup), whisk in the powdered cocoa, stir constantly until smooth. Add the milk a little at the time. Whisk. Remove from heat and let cool down.
* In a bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy (few minutes), whisk in sugar until completely blended. Pour in the cream and vanilla and whisk again. pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and mix.
* Put the mixture in a bowl and then in the refrigerator for few hours (I left mine almost 3-4 hours)
* Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and put it on. Calculate about 25-30 minutes to reach the perfect texture. (the mixture has to thickened). Add the chopped chocolate and peanut butter cups. Continue to run the machine and 2-3 minutes later you can stop it.
* Since the ice cream will be kind of soft, if you want a more firm texture, remove the ice cream from the bowl and put it in another freezer safe container. Freeze for few hours. (This is what I did) (don’t freeze your ice cream in the ice cream maker bowl.. use another container!)
* Remove from the freezer and serve.