Yesterday I made cupcakes and they were super delicious (haha they still are since we didn’t have time to eat them all already, haha)
Room temperature they are super moist and delicious.. and if you put them in the refrigerator they will have a fudgy/brownie texture.. and it’s awesome that way too! In fact I prefer them cold.
So here is a basic chocolate cupcake recipe I’m sure you will enjoy as much as we do here.
10 large cupcakes (or 12 smaller)
* 1 cup sunflower milk
(or any other non-dairy milk)
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purposed flour
* 1/3 cup unsweetened pure cocoa powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/3 cup chocolate chips, chopped
* Frosting (optional)
(See recipe HERE)
* Preheat oven to 350′F.
* Whisk together the sunflower milk and vinegar in a bowl, and set aside for a few minutes.
* In a bowl or a stand mixer bowl, pour the non-dairy milk mixture. Add the sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until it gets ”foamy”.
* In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients remaining (Flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder)
* Add gradually the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
* Add the chopped chocolate chips and mix again.
* Spoon the mixture into muffin pan and bake. (I’m always using silicone! No need to throw papers!)
* Bake for about 20-22 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready.
* Remove from the oven and let them cool.
* Frost your cupcakes (optional)
(Once again the recipe I used is HERE)