These eggs should be illegal! It’s wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too good for this world, hahahahha!!!
I’ll be making more for easter, that’s for sure!
Ok, they are not healthy, that’s right, but since I’m always eating healthy, I can have one while being guilt-free.. after all, we need some fun too? 😉
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons margarine (vegan)
* 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
* food coloring
* 5 oz chocolate chips (vegan)
* 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
* With a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream together the corn syrup, vanilla and margarine.
* Add the confectioner’s sugar and mix until you reach a smooth consistency.
* Cut about 1/4 of the mixture and place it in another bowl. Add the food coloring (it’s to make the center of the egg) and mix.
* Cover the bowls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
* Place wax paper or silicone mat on a large baking sheet. With your hands, form egg shaped balls of white fondant. Place a small ball of yellow fondant in the middle and re-shape the egg over the yellow part.
* Place the eggs in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set the fondant.
* In a double-boiler, a metal bowl over a pot or in the microwave, melt the chocolate with the shortening.
* With a skewer or a spoon, dip each egg in the hot chocolate, make sure there is plenty of chocolate all around.
* Place the eggs back on the baking sheet. Send back to the freezer to let the chocolate set.
* Serve and Enjoy! You can let them at room temperature few minutes before eating them to make them more creamy.
* To store them, place in an air tight container in the refrigerator. (But hey, they will not last long in your house.. they are sooo delicious, hahaha)