I love chili! Every kind of chili! haha! It’s so good and so warm to help deal with the cold Canadian winter. (I would give anything to live in Arizona all year round, haha)
This chili is the perfect match of many things I love a lot… BEANS!!..quinoa.. tofu.. sweet potatoes.. awwww! 🙂
(With a nutritional info calculator, for each serving, it’s about 15 grams of protein)
* 3 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
* 2 cups vegetable broth
* 2 cups cooked black beans
* 1 cup (around 200g) of shredded extra firm tofu
(I pressed it before to remove the excess of liquid)
* 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
(mine is organic)
* 2 cups (2 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1 large onion, diced
* 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mexican chilies
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* In the slow cooker, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
* Close the lid and cook for about 6 hours on low.
* Serve (here we serve chili over couscous or rice) and Enjoy!
(hahaha big boy was trying to eat the chili while I was taking a picture, hahaha)