Yesterday I made those nuggets for dinner and it was great (as always, hahahaha!)
I’m laughing right now figuring that the two last ”dinner” posts I did I had the same side dishes.. rice and steamed broccoli, lol! I guess we like that a lot, hehe.
14-16 medium nuggets
* 2 cups cooked kidney beans
(I used the small kind, but hey you could use any other type of beans too!)
* 1 small onion
* 2-3 cloves garlic
* 1/4 cup (packed) italian parsley
* 1 flax egg
(Combine 1 tB ground flax + 2 1/2 tB water, rest few minutes)
* Salt/pepper (to taste)
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup bread crumbs (maby a little more if needed)
* Olive oil (for cooking)
* In a food processor, mash coarsely the beans. Place the mashed beans in a bowl and set aside.
* In the food processor, combine the onion, garlic and parsley. Pulse until everything is chopped finely.
* Combine the bean mixture and the parsley mixture.
* Add the cumin, salt, pepper, flax egg, lemon juice, baking powder and the bread crumbs.
* Combine well, it’s easier to use hands than any kind of kitchen tools.. You can add more bread crumbs if your mixture is too wet.
* Shape into nuggets.
* In a skillet, cook over medium heat in a pan with oil about 3 minutes on each side.
* Remove from heat and serve with your favorite side dishes.