I made those little beauties this afternoon.
Since I’m pregnant again (AWWWWWW JOY!!), I’m always hungry, in fact no, because yes I’m hungry as Hell, but I cannot eat a lot at the same time.. so I have to take healthy snacks.. and these bars are way more fun than carrots and hummus (hey I love them too!)
They taste like Heaven! I’m happy because my husband and my 18 months old daughter Dalie loves them too! (hahaha pfffff my boxer dog Meya too.. since Dalie can’t stop herself giving her food to her.. pfff!)
No eggs, no milk, no butter…
and not a drop of oil too..!!
*1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup granola cereals
* 1/2 cup almond milk (you can use soy, hemp…)
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla (I used the one I brought back from Mexico)
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* 1/3 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup sliced almonds
* 1/4 cup carob chips
* Preheat oven 325′F
* In a bowl mix together whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and granola cereals.
* In another bowl whisk together almond milk, water, pure vanilla, applesauce and brown sugar.
* Add the liquid mixture to the dry one. Mix. Add cranberries, carob chips,almonds and coconut. Mix again.
* Pour the mixture into a 8-inch square baking pan greased or silicone.
* Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand before cutting into bars.