-This is a recipe for slow cookers-
The mix of sweet potato and peanut butter gives so much richness to this stew, it’s just delicious!
This is my version of a West Africa stew recipe.
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 4 cups sweet potatoes (I only used a very large one)
* 2 cups small cooked red beans
* 1 yellow bell pepper
* 3 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, cored, seeded, diced
* 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
* 1/2 cup water
* 4 tablespoons peanut butter
* chopped peanuts (decoration)
* couscous (optional)
* Wash and cut vegetables.
* In a skillet heat the onions and garlic with a little water. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to slow cooker.
* Add all the remaining ingredients except for the peanut butter, the chopped peanuts and the couscous.
* Close the lid and cook for 7-8 hours on LOW.
* Remove the lid, with a potato masher, mash coarsely the sweet potatoes and add the peanut butter. Mix well.
* Serve over couscous and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.