Dalie and I baked those crackers this afternoon. We ate them during dinner with an homemade mix between guacamole and hummus (I put chickpeas in my guac) It was delicious! I guess we will have to bake way more crackers now, haha!
But hey, they are super healthy compared to the kinds you can buy at the grocery store!! They are guilt-free! Dalie is a very VERY intense picky eater and she liked them! I was almost shocked, hihi! 🙂
I found the idea the other day on the internet (pinterest, yayy! , talking of pinterest, you can find me HERE) The original recipe is from Elephantastic Vegan . Like always, I changed many things. First of all, I added 2 other kinds of seeds (to add even more nutritionnal value). I added way more water (twice her amount), more spinach too. I also cooked them less time than the original recipe. I’m sure the original version is fantastic, but I like mine too, hehe.
2 large baking sheets
(1 big bowl of cooked crackers)
* 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 tablespoon chia seeds
* 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
* 1 1/2 tablespoons flax seeds
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 cups (packed) fresh baby spinach
(I used organic)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* Preheat oven to 400’F.
* Put the spinach and the water in a food procesor and pulse until everything is kind of smooth.
* In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Add the spinach micture and mix (by hand is easier) until you have a dough.
* On a floured surface, roll the dough (thin, but not too thin) then cut the shapes you want. (Since I was making them with my 4 years old big girl, she wanted starts and teddy bears.)
* Transfer them on a large baking sheet (I needed 2) and cook for 17-18 minutes. the first batch needed 18 minutes, the second one 17.
* Remove from the oven, let them cool down and ENJOY!
* Eat or serve with your favorite dip.