This week a facebook friend of mine posted an awesome recipe on her page.. a recipe for vegan ribs! How cool is that!?! I wanted to try it so I tried it today.
Oh wow, the result is awesome! You could fool anyone who eat the real deal boneless ribs, my husband was very glad I tried that recipe too, he’s now a fan, hahaha! YAY!!!!!!
The original recipe is from FATFREEVEGAN, you can find it HERE. By the way you should all take a look at her blog, it’s an amazing one! Tons of really tasty and fantastic recipes!!! I had no choices to share that incredible recipe with you all! (Thanks a lot Susan, I will do it again and again) The only thing that I changed is to add more garlic powder.. hey you know me, I’m a big garlic fan, haha!
It’s the perfect summer dish.. it the perfect BBQ dish and it’s a protein packed dish 😀
Hehe little Axel has 2 more tooth out, for a big total of 4.. no wondering why she is chewing on everything she can grab. What a good idea I had to buy a natural teething necklace! (the picture is from today, she was watching me cook all wrap close to my heart)
* 1 cup vital wheat gluten (gluten flour)
* 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
* 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
(It’s adding a lot of B12 vitamin)
* 2 teaspoons onion powder
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 3/4 cup cold or room temperature water
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
(the real deal, not the super salty version)
* 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
(I used mesquite)
* 2 tablespoons tahini
(or any other kind of nut/seed butter)
* BBQ sauce
(Make sure your sauce is vegan..)
* Preheat the oven to 350’F.
* In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
* In another bowl combien all the wet ingredients (except for the BBQ sauce), mix well.
* Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently mix, then gently knead the mixture. Don’t over mix it otherwise the gluten will start to react, same thing if you don’t use cold water.. the warm water will make the gluten react too soon.
* Lightly grease a 8 X 8 baking dish (I use a pyrex, but you can also use silicone or metal..)
* Put the dough into the baking dishand flat it until it’s evenlyfilling your baking dish.
* With a knife, pre-slice it.
* Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
* Brush the top with plenty of your favorite BBQ sauce. Take to the BBQ (or grill pan inside) and grill it on the saucy side. Add sauce on the side that’s not grilling. When it’s enough grilled, turn on the other side and grill that side too.
* Remove from the BBQ, cut in stripes and serve hot.