This morning I baked a cake with the ”help” of my son Auguste, hehe.
He’s so funny, he love to watch me cook/bake and while I cook I explain everything to him, all the steps, the ingredients…and for all the time it takes, he don’t say a word… He’s maybe a future chef 😉
1 cake (8 servings)
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup pure unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup unsweetened pear puree
(you can use apple puree too, I used the pear puree my mom made)
* 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
* 2 small zucchinis, grated ( 1 1/2 cups)
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 350′F
* In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder.
* In another bowl combine the mashed banana, grated zucchini, vanilla and pear puree.
* Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Mix well. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
* Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake. (I’m always using silicone)
* Bake for about 50 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.
* Remove from the oven, let it cool.
*Frost your cake (optional). I used this recipe : VEGAN CHOCOLATE FROSTING