Fall is finally here.. yeahhhh! It’s my favorite time of the year!! 😀
It was kind of starting to be cold outside.. but for the past few days it’s like summer again… but it doesn’t matter, it’s soup & homemade bread season anyway, haha!
Yesterday I wanted to do something with the giant leek I bought at our local producer for 1$ and with the tons of apples we have since we went apple picking… so I made a soup!
Soups are awesome, they are super cheap to make, super tasty, hot and comforting.. I cannot ask for more!
Ohh less than 66 days and I’ll have my 3rd child in my arms… Can’t wait!!!
My kids are my everything, they are making me a better person, they opened my eyes about life, they showed me what true love is..
Being their mom is a true blessing, I cannot thank life enough for the chance I have.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 very large leek
(Mine was enormous)
* 2 large apples, peeled and cored
* 5 medium/large potatoes, peeled
* 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Herbe de Provence
* In a large pot, heat (medium) olive oil and leek. Cook until they are soft, not more than that.
* Add apples, potatoes, broth, herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Stir and when the mixture is boiling, reduce heat and and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
* When the vegetables are tender, remove from heat and reduce with a blender, until you have a smooth texture.
* Decorate and serve with homemade bread (optional) and enjoy!