Today my beautiful Dalie and I did some flabreads together. She was a very good helper, hehe. Okkkk she wanted to eat flour just like that (hahaha!) but we had fun. And it’s the only thing that really matters. awww I love cooking with her. Can’t wait to be able to do the same with my boy Auguste. He love food SO MUCH and is soooooooo interrested at looking at me cooking food, it’s incredible, maybe one day he will be a chef, hehe.
The were delicious, SUPER easy to make and we used them as pizza dough.
8 small flatbreads
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
(a little bit more for your work surface)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 cup sunflower milk
(well, you can use another non-dairy milk instead)
* Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer (or you can do everything by hand too). Mix until a dough is formed. It should be soft but not sticky, if your’s is too sticky, add a little bit more flour.
* Divide the ball in 2.. then in 4.. then in 8 (or stop at 4 if you want bigger flatbreads)
* On a floured surface, flatten the balls it into a circle with your hands. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a 6-inch circle kind of shape. Repeat with every ball. Set aside.
* Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Don’t use oil!! Place one circle of dough in the pan. Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side. you’ll see the bread will rise a little and make few bubbles. Once you see that, turn it over. Remove from heat and start over with the other circle.
* Use and Enjoy or store them for using them later.