Finally, I’m posting recipes again!
Haha after many many weeks of ”all day sickness” I can finally eat, haha! No seriously, I was able to eat but less than my 3 years old daughter. I was always feeling like crap, always having nausea, but hey it’s kind of going in the right direction now (after all I’m starting my 2nd trimester this Tuesday). Yay!
This soup is easy, cheap, delicious and packed with good things I need while pregnant (but hey good for regular people too, haha!)
* Olive oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4 carrots, peeled, diced
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 2 cups crushed tomatoes
* 1 cup dried red lentils
* 2 cups vegetable broth
* 2 1/2 cups water
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 7 cups young spinach, chopped
* Heat a pot over medium heat. Heat the oil, the onion and the carrots for few minutes until they are soft. Add the cumin then cook for another minute.
* Add the tomatoes, broth, water, salt and pepper and lentils. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium heat or until the lentils are cooked and the carrots tender.
* Add the chopped spinach, let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
* Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!