Since today it’s St-Patrick’s Day (and it’s also my brother’s birthday, he’s 19 today) I decided to bake some cute cupcakes for the family. It was a massive hit. Usually my big girl never want to eat cakes or cupcakes, but she ate 2.. hahaha! Damn, I guess they were good, hahaha! But more seriously, they were very moist and delicious. We’re not eating a lot of desserts in my house, well I mean, not a lot of cakes, cupcakes, sweet desserts.. but when it’s a special holiday, it’s always fun.
I can’t wait to be tomorrow, hahaha! I’ll be cooking an Asian-inspired dish made of tofu and shitake mushrooms for dinner. I’ll post the recipe tomorrow night.
Hope you all had a wonderful day!
While I was baking, I had my boxer dog Meya sleeping in the sun right in my face, hehe.
5 large cupcakes
* 1/2 cup sunflower milk
(or any other non-dairy milk)
* 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup all-purposed flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
* 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening or vegan margarine
* 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
* 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
(be careful with that, it has such a strong taste!)
* 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons sunflower milk
* Green food coloring (optional)
* Preheat oven to 350′F.
* Whisk together the sunflower milk and vinegar in a bowl, and set aside for a few minutes.
* In a stand mixer bowl or in a regular bowl, pour the milk mixture. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract and beat for few minutes.
In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
* Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
* Beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes to incorporate air bubbles in the cake batter. Once cooked they will be all fluffy and moist. (But hey, it’s optional!)
* Spoon the mixture into muffin pan and bake. (I’m always using silicone! No need to throw papers!)
* Bake for about 18 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready.
* Remove from the oven and let cool.
* With a stand mixer or by hand, beat the shortening or margarine 1-2 minutes.
* Add the rest of the ingredients. Beat until everything is combined and smooth.
* Frost your cupcakes and decorate (optional)
* Serve and Enjoy 🙂