Tonight’s dinner was an asparagus risotto. It was simple and quick. We ate it with a platter of raw veggies.. we had to go grocery shopping right after so I didn’t cooked something too fancy, hehe. but it’s ok like that, we’re simple people who love simple things!
I love risotto.. it’s so ”creamy” and delicious. I hate the real deal, you know, with wine, Parmesan.. Brrrrr!!!! Anyway I NEVER drink or ”eat” alcohol without any exception, hehe. In the ones I make I use vegetable broth instead of wine, it’s way better that way.
Finally everyone was happy 😀 Especially because even if we had a snow storm yesterday it was hot today (well hot for Canada, hahahaha) so the snow started to melt! YEAH!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*
* Olive oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped or thinly sliced
* 1 cup Arborio rice
* 1/2 cup vegetable broth
* 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* Salt and pepper (to taste)
* 4- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
*1 pound asparagus, sliced
(I trimmed the tough ends)
* 1 cup frozen green peas
* In a small pot, bring to boil the vegetable broth. Once it’s boiling, cook the sliced asparagus in the stock for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the broth (keep it!) and set aside. you will need them later.
* Let the broth on the stove but on a low setting.
* In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until they are tender.
*Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the Arborio rice, stir well to coat it and cook for another 2-3 minutes while stirring constantly. You’ll see, the rice will change it’s color.
* Add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, garlic powder, Herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Stir well.
* Reduce the heat and cook while stirring often until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of the vegetable stock at a time and continue to cook, while stirring occasionally, until all of the stock has been absorbed. Repeat until there is about 1/2 cup of broth remaining.
* Add the asparagus and the peas. Stir well to combine. Cook the risotto for another 3-4 minutes. Don’t forget to stir. You can add the remaining broth if needed.
* Remove from the heat, serve and Enjoy!