It was tonight’s dinner. It was… hot! haha! It’s not for people who doesn’t like a little heat in their food, hehe! But heh, it was super delicious. After a small bowl I was full, thanks to the lentils and the potatoes.. awwww! I was surprised, my big boy loved that dish a lot, even if it was super spicy, but not my big girl.. but she’s 3 and she started to be picky few weeks ago, I guess it’s a phase!
If you are not a fan of spicy food, use smaller quantities than mine 😉
* Olive oil
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper (powder)
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 3 large roasted red bell peppers, chopped (about 1 cup)
(I used a brand in water, not in oil)
* 4 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 1 cup dried red lentils
* 1 cup crushed tomatoes
* 4 cups water
* 6 small potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 pound)
* 2 small broccoli, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
* Wash and cut all veggies. Rinse the lentils.
* In a large saucepan over medium-high heat heat oil. Then add onions, cumin, chipotle pepper, paprika and turmeric. Cook 2-3 minutes or until the onions are soft.
* Stir in the roasted bell peppers, the garlic, the lentils, the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and 4 cups of water. Stir well.
* Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for around 12-15 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Stir few times during the cooking time.
* Stir in the broccoli and the potatoes. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
* Remove from heat and serve.