This recipe is super simple, healthy and filled with god things for you.
It was so good that even my big baby boy Auguste ate like crazy. (Well he’s always eating like crazy, but you can see when he really love something, and that what a hit!) It’s so fun now that he eats everything we’re eating! My husband who likes spicy food add some srirasha to spice up his plate, but not me, it was perfect the way it was. (But hey, another vegan meal for him, muahahhahaha another point for me!!)
I found this recipe in the awesome book my dad bought me the other day, ”ISA DOES IT” from Isa Chandra Moskowitz (Awwww I love her so much!) I changed many things but the idea is the same, a quinoa and lentil stew.. you should all try it, it’s soooo delicious!!!
The time is not passing fast enough… damn you time!!! Can you go a little faster!? Not that I want my kids to be old too soon, but since I started the second round of fertility treatment to get pregnant with baby 3, I became super impatient, the waiting part is the worst.. awwww send me good vibes and a Christmas surprise!! (I’ll be able to make a test on Dec 25, muaha)
4 large servings
* Few tablespoons olive oil
* 2 medium onions, chopped
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
* 2 teaspoons dried thyme
* salt & pepper (to taste)
* 6 cups vegetable broth
* 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
* 4 celery stalks, sliced
* 1 cup red quinoa (but you can use white too)
* 3/4 cups dried green lentils, rinsed
* 1/2 pound fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Cook the onions with the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Cook another 1 minute.
* Add the broth,carrots, celery, lentils and quinoa into the pot. Mix. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for around 45 minutes. You can stir few times during the 45 minutes. Once the lentils are tender, add the chopped spinach, cook for another 2 minutes. remove from the heat, add the balsamic vinegar (optional) then let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
* Serve and Enjoy!