I had fun baking cookies with my daughter Dalie (oh boy the picture is cool but I look like if I’m having a super huge arm, haha this is not the case, it’s just a super bad camera angle *super shame* hahaha!, but hey I still love the picture, there is not plenty of those kinds since it’s always me who is taking the picture.. but today my husband was there to took it. Yay!) and she had fun decorating them too, awww i love being a mom 🙂
These cookies are just incredible! the best gingerbread cookies I ever eat!!! Even my husband thinks the same. In fact it was a big hit with our big girl too! Wow! I was impressed!
Gingerbread cookies are so great, they are the perfect October treat, in fact they are good in November and December too, well now that I baked those, I think I’ll be making them all year round, hahahaha!!
Seriously.. if you always hated gingerbread..try those, you’ll like them! they are not too spicy and intense!
12-16 cookies (depend on the size of the cookie cutter)
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil (I used canola)
* 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other kind of non-dairy milks)
* 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses (I used organic blackstrap but you can use regular molasses too)
* 2 cups whole wheat flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* Whisk sugar and oil together for few minutes, then add the almond milk and the molasses. Mix.
* Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until a dough is formed. Now it’s the waiting part, you have to wrap it and put it in the refrigerator for few hours, mine was there all night. Remember to let the dough sit for 5-10 minutes on the counter before rolling it.
* Preheat oven to 350’F
* Roll the dough to the thickness you like then cut shapes with cookies cutters. (I used some Halloween cutters because Halloween is tomorrow and they were funny, hehe)
* Bake for 7-8 minutes.
* Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before putting them on a cooling rack.
* Enjoy or decorate (with vegan royal icing, to keep the cookies 100% vegan) (Recipe HERE)