Yay! I tried for the first time today to make Royal Icing without eggs and it was a success! I’m very glad, for now on I will always be making it that way! I was even able to convince my mom to switch her old recipe for that one (1point for me, hehe)
Mmmm mine taste just like almond paste, *evil laugh*
* 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
* 3 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk
(you can use any other dairy-free milk, on Internet you can see a lot of recipe where they say to use 2 teaspoons, but I prefer 3, so you can try the way you want)
* 2 teaspoons clear corn syrup (light, clear.. just not the kind of brown corn syrup)
* 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract (or any other extract)
* food coloring (optional)
* In a bowl, combine sugar and almond milk until they are ”kind of” smooth. Add the corn syrup and the almond extract and mix until all the icing is smooth and glossy.
* Divide into bowls if you add some colors.
* Decorate cookies 😀
It tend to dry fast so when you are not using it, cover the bowl to prevent your icing to be hard.
Also, if the icing is too thick, add few drops at a time of almond milk, if it is too liquid you can wait few minutes without a lid on, hehe, or add a little bit of sugar in it.
I used the icing to decorate my Vegan Gingerbread cookies (Recipe HERE)