The other day on a mom’s facebook page that I am part of, we were talking about mug cakes… and I was totally interested with testing the recipe a mom posted, haha!
It’s not a recipe I created, but one from a well know chef here in Quebec, it’s from Ricardo.
(HERE is the original recipe)
The result was incredibly good! My husband and I were super glad I decided to try it, because usually microwave cooking is not my thing.. It’s easy, super quick and so good.. no one can resist, hahaha! It’s kind of a brownie, not really a cake.. it’s weird but….
Can’t wait to do it again 😉
1 mug cake
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons pure cocoa powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 tablespoons milk
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* Few drops of pure vanilla extract (I used my Mexican vanilla)
* Few chocolate chips
* In a regular coffee mug , mix the flour, brown sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Add the milk, oil and vanilla.
* With a fork, gently stir until the dough has no more lumps. Add the chocolate chips on top.
* Cook the cake in the microwave for 45 seconds. Let cool for 5 minutes to allow the cake to finish cooking.
* Dig in!