-ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPE-
Yesterday I had family members (mom and sis) who came to my house to spend the day… so I made this sorbet because my sis is lactose intolerant.
It was very delicious and everyone enjoyed it! Especially our big girl Dalie, she’s like me, a big fan of frozen desserts, haha, and it’s ok since it’s almost like eating plain strawberries.. but frozen! It’s very hot since 2 weeks in Quebec (over 25’C each day and super sunny, no rain at all) so it’s always refreshing to eat something cold.
Another thing.. I made a recipe without a huge amount of sugar, since my husband is dieting. (Ohhh and even if I’m not, I’m trying to get in a better shape too.. I already lost 18.5 pounds in 3 weeks (since my boy is born) Hooray!) )
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 pound of fresh strawberries
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* Before even starting the recipe, make sure your ice cream maker bowl is in the freezer, in fact it takes about 16-24 hours to be totally frozen. I put it in my huge vertical freezer and it takes about 16 hours to be rock solid.
* In a saucepan over low heat, combine water and sugar. Stir until the sugar is totally dissolved. Boil for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat. Pour the mixture into a container and put it in the fridge.
* Put all the strawberries (washed and cut) into a food processor and process until the strawberries are pureed. In a bowl combine the puree and the lemon juice. cover and put it in the fridge.
* Once the syrup and the fruits are cold, combine both.
* Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and put it on. Calculate about 15 minutes to reach the perfect texture. (the mixture has to thickened)
* Since the sorbet will a little softer than usual, if you want a more firm texture, remove the ice cream from the bowl and put it in another freezer safe container. Freeze for few hours. (This is what I did)
* Remove from the freezer, wait few minutes and serve.