Let me introduce you to my 2nd child.. my son Auguste. I gave birth to my little treasure on April 17, 2013 at 4h30am. He was 6.7 pounds and 20 inches long. Now my girl Dalie is a big sister! Yeahhh
He’s the reason why I wasn’t a lot on the internet or cooking (well cooking yes, but not working on my blog..) sorry folks! I’m more than happy this time because I can finally breastfeed! It was an enormous fail with my girl Dalie but this time it’s like paradise!
Being a mom for me is everything, it makes me happier than ever, kids are so precious!
About the bread.. I had way too much strawberries in the fridge so why not put them in a bread! 😀
1 big loaf (10-12 slices)
* 2 cups all-purposed flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 4 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
* 2 large bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup yogurt (I used strawberry yogurt)
* 1 cup chopped strawberries
* 1 cup chocolate chips (I use a kind that is 51% cacao, fair trade and vegan)
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a large bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder.
* In another bowl, beat butter with sugar, then add the eggs one at a time. Add bananas, vanilla and yogurt. Mix well until everything is combined.
* Stir in dry ingredients to liquid ingredients. Mix.
* Add strawberries and chocolate. Mix.
* Pour into a greased or silicone (always my choice) bread pan. Garnish with some chocolate chips and strawberries (optional).
* Bake for45-50 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, the bread is ready.