Kale is an incredible leafy vegetable! In only one cup of kale you have, 5 grams of fiber, and 15% of the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin B6, 40% of magnesium, 180% of vitamin A, 200% of vitamin C, and 1,020% of vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus. Wow! this is awesome!
My husband never tried it so I decided to make a soup… and he loved it.. A LOT! It’s good for everyone, including me.. baby needs good vitamins! (37 weeks pregnant this Friday)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
* Salt and pepper
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 cups cooked chickpeas
* 5 cups kale, chopped
* 1 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped (about 1 small vegetable)
* 2 small red potatoes, in tiny dices
* 8 cups vegetable broth
* 3 cups diced tomatoes (I used homemade)
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
* Wash, peel and cut vegetables.
* In a pan, heat oil, cook onions and garlic few minutes.
* In a pot combine over medium heat veggie broth, water, tomatoes, herbs, veggies (except for the kale) and simmer for about 30 minutes.
* Add chickpeas, kale and orzo. cook for another 10 minutes (or until the orzo is cooked). Remove the bay leaf.
* Remove from heat and serve!