Like I said in my previous post, today my husband and I made homemade pasta together.. it was a lot of fun to cook with him, we don’t have many opportunities to do so.. he works hard so I can be a stay-at-home mom, but today he had a day off! Yeah! Usually I’m cooking almost everything, but his Queen Elizabeth cake is just.. AWESOME!
TO MAKE THE PASTA
* 1 2/3 cups all-purposed flour
* 2/3 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Cooked pasta (We made Fettuccine)
* Broccoli pesto (see recipe on my blog, https://lovepeacehapiness.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/broccoli-pesto/)
* 1 cup broccoli
(This is what they look like once they are ready to cook)
(Silly Luc!!! Haha cooking with my husband is a lot of fun 😉 )
TO MAKE THE PASTA
* In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Then add water.
*Mix with a fork until it starts to form a ball of dough. Now you can use your hands to combine, it’s way better than a fork! (If it’s too dry you can add a water, a little at a time, if it’s too dry you can add some flour too.. but ours was perfect)
* Knead for a good 5 minutes on a well floured surface. until the dough is smooth.
* Cover in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
* Divide the dough, roll a little bit and then use your pasta maker (ok you can also do it without the machine and cut with a knife..) With the machine we stop the process at number 4. It was the perfect thickness for us (With the machine you start at 7, then 6.. then 5..then…until you reach 1)
* Dry on a rack (We don’t need a fancy pasta rack, we use plastic hangers and we hang the pasta in our laundry room far far away from our big and always hungry boxer dog Meya, haha) We let them dry for 4-5 hours before cooking them.
You know.. you can keep your homemade pasta in the fridge for 3-5 days.. you can also freeze them!!
(Haha big girl Dalie was watching Sesame street… otherwise she would be there looking at us, she’s awesome, she wants to learn everything! still can’t believe she’s turning 2 in less than 2 weeks!!)
* Cook 1 cup of broccoli, drain, chop and set aside.
* Boil water (I used the broccoli cooking water). Add pasta and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
* Remove from heat and drain the pasta.
* Combine broccoli pesto, pasta and the chopped cooked broccoli. Mix
* Serve and Enjoy!