This morning I wanted to make some muffins… in the fridge I had a ripe avocado (he was there to be sure that he was not gonna passed out, haha) so I decided to make some healthy avocado muffins for me and my almost 2 years old adorable Dalie. (oh yeahhh she’s 23 months today! Only one month left before the big 2!! It’s incredible how time goes by so fast!!!)
I’ll also be turning 28 weeks pregnant this Friday, this pregnancy is awesome, I didn’t gained as much weight as with my big girl. Last pregnancy I gained 60 pounds (after I lost like 40 pounds, but still had 20 over my normal weight when I got pregnant with this baby!), all in the belly, people were thinking I was expecting twins! this time I only gained around 4 pounds in a little less than 28 weeks!! Ok I have a baby bump, but I’m melting at the same time.. it’s crazy! Almost no back and knee pain this time! Alleluia!!! Not that I was eating badly the first time, I’m always eating healthy, but now I’m trying even harder to resist weird cravings, especially sugar!! I’m eating tons of fruits each day, I hope the little baby inside likes fruits, haha! (yeah we don’t know the gender, it was a shy baby at the 20 weeks ultrasound so we have to be super patient and wait until maximum April 19!)
Avocados are just.. AWESOME! They are packed with vitamins and good fat! It’s perfect for pregnant women! And it’s good for the baby’s brain!! Oh and don’t forget.. it’s good for Dalie too!
Just for fun.. here is my latest pregnancy picture, I took it last Friday, at 27 weeks. (I take a picture every week, I did the same with my girl, it’s a fun souvenir!) What do you think I’m expecting? 🙂
(19 1/2 weeks ultrasound)
12 medium muffins
* 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup oatmeal
* 1/2 cup wheat bran
* 1 ripe banana, mashed
* 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted, mashed
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
* 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
* 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
* Preheat oven 375′F
* In a bowl, Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, oatmeal and wheat bran. Set aside.
* In another bowl, combine the mashed banana and mashed avocado. Add the eggs, maple syrup and milk. Mix.
* Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix and add the walnuts and sunflower seeds.
* Spoon the mixture into muffin pan and bake. (I’m always using silicone! No need to throw papers!)
* Bake for about 18-20 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.