It’s Fall, my favorite season of the year…
and today we are the first day of my favorite month… October!
It’s time for…. COMFORT FOOD!
These brownies are super good and super heavy to eat… so it’s not a super good idea to eat like 5 in a row.. hahaha!
I’m so happy today, not only because we are finally in October (yay! Happy dance) but because finally I was able to have a day without any special medication for all my sickness due to my pregnancy! YAY!!! I CAN FINALLY EAT NORMALLY!!!!!!! JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I hope it will stay that way, haha! (I’ll turn 12 weeks Friday)
So it’s time to have some fun eating brownies! 😀
* 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I’m still using my Mexican vanilla! Awwww)
* 3/4 cup flour
* 1/4 cup pure cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* A pinch of salt
*3/4 cup chopped walnuts (unsalted)
* 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (like eagle brand..)
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* Preheat oven 350′F
* Melt the chocolate with the butter using a double boiler. Once everything is melted, remove from heat. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in the chocolate mixture. Mix. Add the chopped walnuts, stir until everything is combined.
* Pour half the chocolate the mixture into a square 8inch mold (I always use silicone, it’s such easier to remove after it’s cooked, but you can use a regular one.. don’t forget to grease it!)
* In a bowl, combine condensed milk and peanut butter. Pour the homogeneous preparation on the chocolate layer without mixing.
* Pour the remaining chocolate preparation on top of everything.
* Bake for 25-30 minutes. (28 minutes for me)
* Cool and cut into squares.