Few days ago at the store, I wanted so bad to buy a grapefruit (usually I don’t, even if I’m a HUGE FAN of oranges, grapefruits..are not my fav!) that I bought it, haha! This morning I made these guilt-free muffins, I didn’t use milk, eggs, butter, oil… why resist any longer!
6 large muffins
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
* 2 ripe bananas, mashed
* 1/2 large red grapefruit, peeled, diced
* 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
* 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
* 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
* In another bowl, combine the water, bananas, applesauce Stir in the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture. Add the diced grapefruit, blueberries and seeds, mix.
* Pour the batter into muffin pan and bake. The silicone molds are a great eco-friendly option. No need to throw papers muffins anymore. (You can decorate the top what what ever you want.. I used some Kamut.)
* Bake for about 22-25 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.