Again!!! My father-in-law brought us some fresh strawberries that we had picked, it’s always a pleasant surprise!
True happiness is hidden in small things of our life .. we just have to open our heart to find them..
So this morning to make a surprise for my husband who was on his way home (he works at night) I made him some pancakes! (I know he really enjoys eating pancakes!!!) They were delicious.
8-10 medium pancakes
* 2 cups whole wheat flour
* 3 tablespoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons carob powder
* 2 cups almond milk (you can use another kind if you like)
* 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
* 1 cup diced strawberries (I used Quebec strawberries! They are just the best)
* 1/3 cup carob chips, chopped
* In a bowl combine flour, salt, carob powder and baking powder.
* Add the apple sauce and the almond milk. Mix until smooth. Add the chopped carob and the strawberries to the pancake mixture. Mix.
* Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour the mixture with a ladle. Cook on one side until it became to make some bubbles. Cook on the other side.
* Remove from heat and serve (with pure maple syrup, fresh fruits, honey..)