Simple, but different from the traditional dish of scalloped potatoes!
*1 medium rutabaga (about 1.5 pounds), peeled and sliced
* 1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced
* 2 cups dairy blend for cooking in Low Fat 5% (you can also use regular 15% cream)
* 4 garlic cloves , minced
* 2 green onions, sliced
* 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 1/2 cups grated aged cheddar
* Preheat oven to 400° F.
* In a pot, heat the “cream” with green onion, parsley,salt, pepper, Herbes de Provence and garlic.
* At medium heat, simmer for 4-5 minutes.
* With a mandolin, slice the rutabaga and the sweet potato. In a round dish, place the slices in layers. Between each layer, pour in the cream mixture and some grated cheese. Top with the rest of the grated cheese.
* Bake for 60-65 minutes.
* Remove from oven and Serve!