These muffins are rich in fiber.
Psyllium helps reduce blood cholesterol, helps prevent cardiovascular disease and is an ally in terms of our digestive and intestinal health.
Fibers are also good to help maintain a healthy weight.
Add some molasses in your recipes..it adds iron!
12 large muffins
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 1/3 cup crushed fresh pineapple
* 3 cups psyllium fiber flakes (for example All Bran cereals)
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup avocado oil
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
* Preheat oven 400′F
* In a bowl, combine the two kinds of flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
* In other bowl, combine cereals with crushed pineapple. Let stand for few minutes or until cereals have softened enough. Add the egg, oil and molasses. Mix.
* Add the pineapple mixture to the flour. Gently mix.
* Spoon the mixture into muffin pan and bake. The silicone molds are a great eco-friendly option. No need to throw papers muffins anymore. Decorate muffins with chopped walnuts.
* Bake for about 25-30 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.