A quick, delicious and easy healthy snack…made of… LENTILS!
Every week I make more than once, healthy snacks for my husband. I try to make him snacks that will give energy overnight for work.
Fibers help with the acceleration of satiety, delay hunger pangs, and limit the risk of overeating.
8 large bars
*1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup cooked green lentils, mashed
* 1/2 cup oat bran
* 2 cups oatmeal
* 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
* 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
* 2 large eggs
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup avocado oil
* 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
* 1/3 cup carob chips
* 1/3 cup chocolate chips
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a bowl mix together whole wheat flour, oat bran, oatmeal, flax, hemp and sugar.
* In another bowl whisk together eggs, oil and mashed cooked lentils.
* Add the liquid mixture to the dry one. Mix. Add cranberries, chocolate and carob chips. Mix again.
* Pour the mixture into a 8-inch square baking pan greased or silicone.
* Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand before cutting into bars.