Did you know that…
I LOVE AVOCADOS!
In fact, I love them because they are delicious and they provide good fats and vitamins to the body.
In this recipe, they replace eggs and butter. Try to use avocados in recipe.. you don’t taste them at all and the results are always surprising! 🙂
10 large muffins
* 1 1/2 cup flour
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/3 cup avocado oil
* 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
* 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
* 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a bowl, Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
* In a food processor, combine avocado, maple syrup, milk, avocado oil and almond extract. Puree.
* Add the avocado mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix and add the coconut.
* Spoon the mixture into muffin pan and bake. The silicone molds are a great eco-friendly option. No need to throw papers muffins anymore. You can decorate with some coconut on top of the muffins.
* Bake for about 25 minutes. If a toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are ready.