A crisp is a delicious way to avoid wasting the very ripe fruits.
It’s easy, inexpensive, delicious you can change the fruit as you want.
I put maple syrup in the preparation of fruit instead of sugar to enjoy this wonderful Quebec product that I love!
1 medium crisp (about 4-6 servings)
* 5 ripe pears
* 2 apples
* 1/3 cup maple syrup
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 3/4 cup flour
* 1 cup old fashioned oats
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* Preheat oven 375′F
* In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Mix with your hands. Set aside.
* Peel, core and diced all the pears and apples, toss in a bowl with lemon juice and maple syrup.
* In a baking dish, pour the pear’s mixture on the bottom.
* Put the oat mixture on top to cover the fruits completely.
* Cook for 40-45 minutes. When the fruits are tender, the crisp is ready.
* Serve hot or cold, (and maybe with some vanilla ice cream) and enjoy!