To get in the mood for Halloween, this morning I had the idea to make some pumpkin bread. But not any kind of pumpkin bread… my recipe of pumpkin, orange and chocolate bread. The taste of orange makes the bread so fruity and goes well with the sweeter taste of the pumpkin.
I hope that everyone had a great Halloween this year!!
1 loaf (10-12 slices)
* 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup pumpkin puree (I used homemade puree)
* 2 cups flour
* 1 small orange (grated rind and 1/4 cup juice)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon pure cocoa powder
* 1 cup chocolate chips
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix.
* Add pumpkin puree and orange grated rind. Mix.
* In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
* Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture alternately with 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix gently.
* Add chocolate chips and mix.
* Pour into a greased or silicone pan.
* Bake for 55-60 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, the bread is ready.
*Cool and Enjoy!