This carrot cake have a texture that literally melts in your mouth when you eat it.
It is without a doubt the best carrot cake I had made so far.
You should try it!
1 cake (about 10 slices)
* 2 cups Quinoa flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup olive oil
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
* 3 cups grated carrots ( 4-5 medium)
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 8 0z light cream cheese, softened (you can also use regular)
* 1/3 cup butter, softened
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
* Preheat oven 350′F
* In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and walnuts. Mix and set aside.
* In another bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, apple sauce and vanilla. Add carrots. Mix.
* Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and gently mix.
* Pour into a baking pan (greased or silicone).
* Cook for about 45 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.
* Cool cake before putting the frosting.
* Beat cream cheese and butter together until you reach a fluffy texture. Gradually add lemon juice, vanilla and icing sugar. Beat until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
* With a knife or spatula spread the frosting on the cake and decorate with walnuts.
* Serve and enjoy!