Here’s a vegan version of scrambled eggs… it’s made of tofu. The bright yellow color is from turmeric (by the way it’s good for you, so try to add some in many recipes..) It’s delicious and you’ll be able to fool anyone with that vegan version. In fact my husband thinks it’s tasting better than the real deal.. hehe, +1 point for vegan recipe here!!
I served the ”eggs” with some homemade corn tortillas (you can find my recipe HERE)
Guess who is 3 months old since Feb 28…. baby Axel :) She’s growing so fast! Today she laughed for the first time. Like with my two other kids it was a magical moment. There’s nothing in the world that I love more than my 3 kids!!
* Olive oil
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
(I love garlic.. A LOT, you can use less than me, hehe)
* 1 small zucchini, peeled and diced
* 1/4 cup water + more depending on how mushy you love your ”eggs”
* 1/4 pound extra-firm tofu, crumbled
(I used seaweed tofu)
* 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
* Salt and pepper, to taste
(for topping, it’s optionnal, but like with garlic, I’m a huge fan!)
* In a bowl, combine the crumbled tofu with the turmeric. Set aside.
* In a pan, heat oil. Cook the onions until they are starting to be golden brown. Add the garlic, the water and the diced zucchini. Continue to cook for few minutes until the zucchini become all mushy.
* Add the tofu and the spinach. Continue to cook until the spinach are cooked and the tofu is heated through.
* Serve and Enjoy :)
* I served the ”eggs” with sliced scallions on top. I also served them with homemade corn tortillas that I cutted in ”chips” and fruits. You can serve them the way you want, with the toppings you want. You can also eat them in a sandwich or a morning burrito.. the possibilities are almost endless.