The other day I saw an awesome recipe on a very interesting blog I’m following. It’s THE LEAN GREEN BEAN blog. By the way you should all follow her amazing blog!
It was a mac & cheese recipe.. but an healthier version of the one you can found in a box, hehe! (see her recipe HERE) But like always I didn’t follow the exact recipe and made changes in it..
I guess her version is really good too!
It may look a little weird in your plate, but it’s super delicious and filled with super good things for your body (How to eat lentils and quinoa at the same time and almost don’t taste them.. you only taste the cheesy pasta!) Hopefully there is some leftovers from tonight.. I’ll eat them tomorrow! *yeah*
Like for every recipes.. you can change whatever you want to change.. not the same veggies.. red lentils.. no quinoa.. cheddar and not mozz.. it’s totally up to you!
4 to 6
* 3 cups pasta, uncooked ( I used cavatappi pasta)
* 4 cups vegetables, diced ( I used 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 green zucchini, 2 green onions, 6 mushrooms)
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons all-purposed flour
* 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
* 1 1/3 cup milk (I used 3.25%)
* 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
* 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
* 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils
* 1 cup cooked quinoa
* Preheat oven to 400′F.
* Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
* Wash and cut veggies.
* In a pan, saute vegetables and garlic until tender. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, melt butter, then stir in flour. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
* Add the mozzarella cheese and the Herbes de provence. Stir until the cheese is totally melted.
* Stir in the cooked veggies, spinach, cooked lentils, cooked quinoa.
* Add the pasta and mix well then transfer everything into a casserole dish.
* Bake for 10-15 minutes.
* Remove from the oven, Serve and Enjoy!